Tuesday, May 23, 2006

When it rains it pours...in this city

Wow, I experienced my first rain today. After finishing up my last English class I noticed it was raining, so I threw on my raincoat and thought "I can rough it back home on my bike. This thing is a Marmot after all." I might has well have been wearing a swimsuit, in fact I wish I had been, it would have been more fun. The rain was falling so hard I could hardly see, and thanks to the very poorly thought out street construction, much of my route was in puddles as high as my pedals. I stumbled into my house half an hour later, soaked to the bone, with a backpack full of soggy materials about past participles and present perfect tense. Oofta.

And it seems that this rain was "the last straw" and has truly inspired me to start a blog. Maybe it's the resulting mystery puddles in my house (I don't SEE any leaks...) or the fact that I have to go back out in it (why did I agree to meet my neighbor's family tonight??) that I'm so compelled to share.

Or maybe it's that sometimes when you're living in a jungle city, weather makes you long for community. I miss you, my people!

No comments: