Friday, January 19, 2007

Five Lists of Fives

As you all have probably noticed by now, my blog is basically a collection of lists. I like lists. In fact, I'm obsessed with them. They calm me down when I'm feeling overwhelmed.

I have about 20 lists saved on my computer, 6 floating around my house, and an ever-growing amount in my head. Here's some of them. (P.S. This first list is a blog trend that's going around. I'm such a push-over.)

5 things you probably didn't know about me.

1. I worked as a soccer referee for one year.
2. I've had two boyfriends in my whole life so far.
3. I don't like fantasy fiction or cartoons.
4. As of last week, I have bribed a Mexican traffic cop.
5. Now that I live in Mexico, I want to move to Norway.


5 things I'd like to do every day, ideally.

1. Participate in live music (play or attend).
2. Cook something (simple or complex).
3. Read.
4. Have a good conversation.
5. Exercise (salsa dancing and biking out of necessity count).


5 goals I have for 2007

1. Play a concerto as guest soloist with a real ensemble.
2. Make significant progress in learning a third language.
3. Sell my car.
4. Go to Chiapas.
5. Listen to all my lessons from undergrad.

5 grad schools I'm considering

1. Northwestern University
2. New England Conservatory
3. Rice University
4. "TJS"
5. Yale University

5 things besides grad school I'd rather do

1. New World Symphony
2. Fulbright Scholarship
3. Win another job
4. Keep my current job
5. Chicago Civic Orchestra

1 comment:

Pecatonica String Quartet said...

WOW. so much stuff... so many lists and so little time..

I like lists too so here I go...

1. 2. Seriously!?
1. 4. With J!? I must hear this story. Post or email chica!
1. 5. Norway... out of the question

2. 1-5. Could I agree more? ... nope!

3. 4. Is that where you and B and M are going?

4. 1. When you go, let me know... I'd totally live in Chitown.

5. 2. YES! Buenos Aires for me :)
5. 5. That works too... again I'm game on that yo.

So I guess if C and I were to hang out for the next couple years it'd go like this...

Yr. 1 Mexico
Yr. 2 Fulbright in the same cool country
Yr. 3 Chicago for various rockin reasons

I'm a scanner no planning more than 3 years ahead.