Sunday, September 02, 2007

Why Can't Playing the Horn be More Like Running?

So I couldn't resist. But I'll keep this one brief.

1) Equipment matters.

I bought these killer new running shoes yesterday. They make a huge difference.















I want a killer new horn.

2) You're not out of shape.

Even though I haven' t gone for a run in a month, I could go just as far as I did before.

Stop using "being out of shape" as an excuse. Just relax and keep going, you'll be fine.

3) Sit/stand up straight.

I lean over when I run. This does not benefit me.

I do the same thing on horn. Also doesn't benefit.

4) Expending energy is fun.

Although I was dreading it, the first run after a month was actually very fun. I feel refreshed.

Don't be lazy- you always enjoy practicing the horn, once you get going.

1 comment:

Kamp said...

Hmmm? I have good posture only when I run. Terrible at all other times.