Monday, September 08, 2008

Been Missing My Blog? Oh, Grow Up.

This quote was just passed to me:

"Maturity is the ability to hold a contradiction."

Behold the following:

A: Writing, and sharing my writing, is really fun, important, fulfilling and valuable to me.
B: I haven't posted on my blog in over six months.

Accept the past. I'm back now.

As compensation, I'll give you the snippets I have almost posted, but never came to fruition, recently.

September 8th:

"Last night I was practicing the 3rd horn part to Borodin's Polovetsian Dances (yeah, if you think that piece is all offbeats for the horns, think again before you show up to the first rehearsal) and something snapped.

I felt the desire to post on my blog.

Actually, more than that. I not only felt the desire (which I've actually felt multiple times in the past 6-month drought, to your great relief or disappointment, depending on what kind of person you are.) I guess it snapped and stuck, because I'm actually writing and I'm actually going to post this.

I know you can hardly believe it- you probably think I'm just leading you on..."

(fizzle)

September 3rd:

"Spanish Classes: Unit #1,463: Knee Vocabulary"

(only got as far on the title as that one)

A while back...when I thought I might salvage it without too much notice:

"My Relationship with my Blog

Let's face it, it's been suffering significantly. Or, to put it more diplomatically, it's been changing."

Actually there were many more but I deleted them in a obsessive cleaning frenzy.

I'll admit, it's a little tough for me to come crawling back. But I'm hoping you'll embrace me with open arms. And you can count on me to post at least once a week-I'm recommitting.


Behold this, too:

A: This post is a bit childish and trivial.
B: It's not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK!

Whenever I return to my blog after long periods away, I try to fight the tendency to apologize or explain or justify why I was gone -- it's hard NOT to do that.

Just dive in and start writing! I'm looking forward to catching up with you.

Anonymous said...

welcome back

Pecatonica String Quartet said...

RAR!!