Sunday, August 06, 2006

The 4 M´s

I can´t quite begin to summarize this insane trip, so I won´t attempt. Sorry for my neglect along the way.

In a few hours we do the Verdi Requiem with Placido Domingo conducting. It is sure to be an unforgettable experience. I am playing assistant, which means I don´t have to play much, but get to sit in the exact middle of the stage, right in front of the singers. I plan to just soak it up.

The tour has been one of a kind, I have a lot of reflecting to do about it when I get some space. Hopefully will be talking with many of you about much of it. But right now I am triple homesick- for the comfort of Minnesota, the college-style life of Madison, and my current home of Mexico. And I´m stuck in Munich (have I mentioned I´m toying with the idea of moving to German next?).

Be back soon!

No comments: