Friday, May 04, 2007

Acceptance is a Beautiful Thing

In a field full of rejection, there is nothing quite as sweet as getting an email that actually says, "You have been accepted." No "due to the exceptionally large number of applicants this year...", no "at this time we are not able to..." no "thank you for your interest in..." no alternates, no no's.

Just acceptance!

So, now I have something to look forward to this summer-Madeline Island Music Camp. It was one of the only summer programs that didn't conflict with my priorities for the summer- my job and two of my best friends' weddings. I get to play in a Woodwind Quintet (something I've never really done), work with the Fourth Horn player of the Chicago Symphony, and re-visit a beautiful place I first went to in 8th grade on a memorable vacation with my mom. She's even going to come up at the end and we're going to spend a few days together!

So, I'm enjoying acceptance for a few minutes. And then I have to listen to more takes of Mozart and put together a recording, get to FedEx to send off more applications, and try not to be too hopeful for more acceptances.

1 comment:

Pecatonica String Quartet said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)