Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cats and Cat-Like Things

I've never lived with cats before, in fact I was always was under the impression that I was allergic to them. I probably still am, but since there is no carpet in this house and they never come upstairs (where I spend the majority of my time), it's not a problem. Still, it's going to take me quite a while to get used to seeing them on the stairs (still startles me every time) and on the kitchen counter (I try to use language to tell them to move and it never works so then I groan and push them off...)

There is this guy in the trombones that keeps meow-ing while we rehearse these absurd pops pieces. I try not to laugh, to maintain a professional demeanor. It really shouldn't be that funny anyway, right?! I don't know what it is, it must be the timing, but every time he does it I just cannot contain the giggles.

So far, this orchestra seems a lot less catty than my previous one, but I'm sure it's just because I'm still new. But they at least talk about work a lot less, which is refreshing.

Because the door in our house is a little strange and doesn't always close like it should, J doesn't feel comfortable giving a key to the house cleaner. Since someone's not always home when she comes to clean, they've found the next best solution: when she finishes cleaning the house next door, she just jumps over from their balcony to ours, cat-style, and goes in through the upstairs, naturally! (Only in this crazy town!)

3 comments:

Pecatonica String Quartet said...

Ahhhhahahaha. Learning how to enter a building withOUT a key is much more effective in achieving the highest security of the building.

doh.

Pecatonica String Quartet said...

Pondering Hip-Hop Abs!? HAAAAAAHAHAHHA You crack me up chica. ShaunT would be sad to hear that. :D

Charlie said...

which trobonist? the big guy with the moustache? ask brian what we saw a cat eat last week. it should make you feel better about being around one.