Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sicker Than Sicker Than a Dog

Tuesday night I began to feel ill and by Wednesday afternoon it was like a truck had run me over. I was hobbling around moaning to myself and wondering how I was going to get through the 7 hour recording sessions the next day.

Luckily it never came to that because I was so sick I got out of it. I think I probably would have fainted on stage anyway.

It was pretty much the absolute worst time to get sick, on my third day in a new job and new city, hence, no one to really help me out. At least a clinic and a pharmacy are all within 5 minutes, walking.

The worst is over and I'm beginning to see what resembles my old self again. I'm even feeling optimistic.

The Good Things About Being So Sick You Can't Get Out of Bed For Four Days:

1. You have plenty of time to watch some movies you've been meaning to see that find in your new roommate's den like The Holiday and The Graduate and review all your old favorites like Moulin Rouge, The Sound of Music, Clueless, and Sex and the City, Season 4. Let's face it, you can't do much else.

2. You don't have to do dishes because you don't have to cook because you don't have to eat because you have ZERO APPETITE.

3. You lose 15 pounds because of number 2.

4. You're new roommate makes you amazing chicken soup for when you start to turn the corner.

5. When you come out of the stupor, you feel like making a fresh start.

6. When you come out of the stupor, you appreciate the important things, and find it easier to shake off the not-so ones.

7. When you go back to playing the horn, you really appreciate your new embouchure change all over again.

8. Meryl Streep was right when she said the secret to great hair is not washing it too much.

I'm still definitely under the weather, but at least I'm out from under the truck.

1 comment:

Pecatonica String Quartet said...

Ha ha. You're awesome Claire! I love the energy you exude even when you have none. Keep up the optimism and grounded attitude- a couple of the many things that make you so special!
:)