Saturday, October 28, 2006

Living with Boys

Well, I'm finally all moved in. I've just made a move to a new house with 2 bass players, JK and CM (practically the entire bass section, btw). The house is nice- furnished, nice high ceilings to help cope with the heat, good lighting, great courtyard in back. Tonight JK is away playing a gig, and CM is away with his family. So, it's my last day in a house by myself for a long while. Tomorrow we will start being roommates.

I don't mean to make this sound too significant, it really isn't, but I have lived by myself for two years now, and this seems like a big change. I am basically really excited to have roommates. I intentionally shyed away from roommates after my junior year of college, due to a somewhat stressful house-sharing experience and a personal shift in priorities. I think I've bounced back nicely, so nicely, that I'm even prepared to live with dudes, which I've never done before.

I'm setting my expectations low- I'm expecting no cleaning, lots of TV noise, rude comments and bodily noises I'd rather not hear. (Am I being too judgmental based on stereotypes? Or not?) But I don't really care, I've considered all these things. And these guys are really nice, interesting, and funny. I'm also expecting some great conversations, lots of laughs, help fixing my bike, and cheaper than cheap rent. You win some, you lose some. :)

Oh, and we have wireless internet- fun.

No comments: