Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Over-Connected

I think I have too many means of communication; it's getting out of hand. When I turn on my computer I sign on to Gmail, Skype, Messenger and Facebook. There's too many ways to get in touch with me and arenas in which I expect messanges...it's giving me a perpetual headache. I think I need to set myself some rules- like the computer can only be on 2 hours a day, or something.

I abandoned TV about 8 years ago because I felt it sucked everything out of me. And now my computer, with a screen the size of a small TV, is doing the same. How can I remedy this situation? Any suggestions?

In other news, I am learning some Norwegian, and think I have come down with a cold. The two are not necessarily related.

In observance of my new "cut-back-on-computer" campaign, I'm going to keep this one short.

1 comment:

Pecatonica String Quartet said...

In observance of your new campaign... I am going to leave of message so you receive a message saying I sent you a message and then check what the actual message is... which is nothing because I am rambling. But at least you'll think of me in muggy WI wanting to go salsa dancing with an awesome chica in Mexico! :(

:D

Oh... and I'm going to practice now. You should too. (See I also help you in your campaign.)