Saturday, February 10, 2007

First the Tree, now the BQ

Remember when I foolishly let CM post a request to name our tree? The tree has since become a ridiculously leaf-less thing in the corner of our living room. I try to pretend it's not actually there.

Hopefully the same projectory is not in the works for the BQ.

Nevertheless, now we're looking for a brass quintet name. Ideas so far include: Kanad Ya'an Brass, C's Brass Quintet, and V. As you can see, we're in desperate need of some help.

We are a group of 4 guys and a girl, 4 Americans and a Slav, living here, interested in giving serious recitals of music originally composed for Brass Quintet.

Go nuts.

5 comments:

L. said...

You should get Stacie's boyfriend, Adam, for some ideas. He had some great ones when Four Part Invention was looking for a name. I think my favorite was "Horn Quartet: A New Dawn."

Here are my best ideas so far:
1) Gringo Brass
2) We-don't-play-no-Mariachi Brass
3) Illegal Aliens
4) Work Permit? We don't need no stinkin' work permit!
5) Quintet: South of the Border (Like, CSI: Miami or one of those TV shows)
6) Quinteto Paradiso
7) 5 Layer Burrito Quintet
8) Donde Esta Mi Tuba?

That's all I got. Ha.

Regarding the tree: Are you watering it enough? Or overwatering it? (The latter is more likely, actually.) And is it getting enough sun?

Cameron said...

For a name for your BQ5, how about focusing on something indigenous to the area, such as a name of a local plant, animal, geographical point of interest or custom?

Something familiar to attract the local audience, something they can identify with.

Bethany said...

When I first read "BQ" I thought it said "BBQ" - ....how about that?!

Pecatonica String Quartet said...

Oh poor fing.

As you know I suck at naming things over your blog... but if I were there in person... my brain might surge forth with ideas.

How about that for an idea... bringing me back south!? It's too damn cold here.

C de C said...

i could just call it the Fing Brass Quintet!