Friday, December 15, 2006

Repertoire: A Test of Follow-Through

**Note: For those of you that check my blog obsessively, I have made a few adjustments to the following project.**

I've just recieved a list of the planned repertoire for next season. It's pretty good.

I will now perform a test: "How Likely We Are to Play What We Say We Will." This test involves making a list of the pieces I am very excited to play that are on this list of planned repertoire. If this piece is changed, or canceled, I will note it in blue with the date. When we actually play the piece, I will change it from black to red. We'll see how many are black at the end of the season, and how much blue is clogging up the list.

Remember--- here, nothing is confirmed until it's history.

List posted 12-15-06

Brahms Piano Concerto No. 1
Pictures at an Exhibition
Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 6
Overture to Tanhauser
Salome, Dance of the Seven Veils (Strauss)
Sinfonia Indiana, Carlos Chavez
Short Ride in a Fast Machine, Adams
Firebird Suite
Copelia (Delibes)
Four Last Songs, Richard Strauss added (2-23-07)
Mahler Symphony No. 4
Les Preludes added (1-24-07)
Beethoven Emperor Concerto changed to some Mozart Flute Concerto in G Major (1-19-07)
Beethoven Symphony No. 7
Madame Butterfly
Creatures of Prometheus added (2-23-07)
Brahms Tragic Overture added (12-16-06) then cancelled (1-19-07) changed to Oberon Overture (1-24-07)
Don Juan changed to Death and Transfiguration (12-15-06) changed to Schumann Symphony # 4 (1-19-07)
Candide Overture
Brahms Symphony No. 2
Rhapsody on a Theme from Paganini, Rachmaninoff
Bartok Concerto for Orchestra

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You got Candide overture on your list? I got West Side Story on mine. Sorry, I mean Westa Side Store. I like your list better.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the Chavez. It's a standard down here, and not a bad piece.