Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Wedding

I'm supposed to have gotten a really great blog entry out of this wedding I went to on Saturday. But you can't force a really great blog entry. So I'll just relay the events and we'll see what happens.

My friend and co-worker, RM, got married on Saturday. As our wedding gift (and dues for getting a free party) about half the orchestra provided the music for the event. Some contributed more than others- JK arranged "All You Need is Love" for the recessional, and JM arranged a lot of string pieces in order to include the brass and winds a little more. Oh yeah, JM also conducted, which was cool.

Anyway, it was kind of half gig, half friend's wedding which made me both enjoy the gig but not cry at the wedding. Well, I cried a tiny bit, but I don't think anyone noticed.

It was a beautiful ceremony, but after it ended the party really started.

Highlights included:

  • Waiting so long for food that we turned into 4 year olds, playing games with the flatware.
  • The food being well worth the wait.

  • Seeing the bride and groom dance a cha-cha.
  • Realizing it was a cha-cha version of Tchaikovsky's Waltz of the Flowers.

  • Galloping around in a conga line of solteras due to some tradition I don't know about.
  • Enjoying it thoroughly.

  • Not catching the bouquet.
  • Not catching the bouquet all three times the bride threw it.

  • Mariachis that brought tacos.
  • The mother of the bride busting out in song with the mariachis.

  • Seeing little girls in princess dresses with their hair done up in flowers.
  • Seeing my co-workers dressed up in not-black clothes.

  • Being complimented on how I look by my co-workers (thanks!).
  • Socializing with people that aren't my co-workers (no offense!).

  • Sleeping all day the next day.
  • Still having two more days after that off.

Yeah for weddings and congrats to R and R- they seem to really be right for each other, lucky bums.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY! FOUR DAYS!!!!

I loved this post btw. Especially about the Tschaikovsky cha-cha. Say that four times fast.

Cha-cha-cha (as we all know it SHOULD be called!)

Thanks to you I've added yet another requirement to my perfect guy list... must be a talented enough salsero to salsa to great classical music.

Ciao. :)